Want to science up your Event?
SciencePlay Kids can help you engage the community at your events through educational, engaging and entertaining pop-up sessions. We can set up drop-in style science activities at shopping centres, community events (fairs, festivals, space activations), council events or on site at your location (hospitals, zoos, museums, hotels etc)
Some of the events at which we have facilitated science workshops in the last 12 months are:
-pop-up sessions in outdoor spaces such as Point Cook pop-up park and Werribee Plaza pop-up park.
- drop-in sessions at the Wyndham Council Children's Week Picnic and the Hobsons Bay Children's Week Event.
-delivered a week-long school holiday activation at Highpoint shopping centre and run monthly kids science sessions at Highpoint for their MiniMakers program.
- developed and delivered an engineering program for one of Melbourne’s big infrastructure projects.
- partnered with Zoos Vic to sprinkle a bit more science at the Werribee Zoo precinct
- run members masterclasses for Museums Victoria at Scienceworks.
- worked with Department of Health and Human Services to engage and educate children while important community events are running, freeing up the parents to have critical conversations with officials.
- connected with Cohealth and run science sessions for their Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters at the Braybrook Community Hub
- run science activities for the Melbourne’s West ASD network 2019 Christmas party at Whitten Oval.
- run PD sessions for Hobsons Bay Libraries on creating engaging science-based afterschool experiences